Getting knots out of hair (or keeping our hair free from them) is very important for overall healthy hair.
Hair knots, like fairy knots, are definitely the uninvited guests that show up to the party! We all know that the more knots we have, the more prone we are to hair breakage.
Here are five (5) easy steps to limit the amount of knots you get in between your wash or detangle days...
- Apply oil or a leave-in conditioner to detangle before cleansing
- When using a hair tool like a wide tooth comb or detangling brush, always start at the ends first and work your way up
- Use leave-in conditioners and deep conditioners that contains a lot of "slip" to make combing the product through a breeze. (see our Ease Leave-In Conditioner and Brahmi Root Hair Masque)
- Always put your hair in smaller sections when styling using hair clips
- Keep up with regular trimming appointments