Staying fit and healthy has become more important especially during these challenging times.
Other than eating nutritious meals prepared with your loved ones while #StayingHome, one of the proven ways to give your immune system the boost it needs is through exercise.
The American Heart Association recommends that adults "get at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both, preferably spread throughout the week." AHA also recommends to "add moderate- to high-intensity muscle-strengthening activity (such as resistance or weights) on at least 2 days per week."
Now that you know the recommended amount of physical activity for adults, today is your chance to do it the right way.
"Awesome! How about my curls?" We are sure you will ask this question as most Black women tend to avoid the gym for fear of "sweating out" their hairstyle. But what if we tell you there are ways to maintain healthy natural hair during and even after exercising?
Here are the healthy hair tips for working out with curly natural hair by our Founder, Candera Thompson. By simply doing these tips, she has always preserved her curls during gym days until the next wash day!
Twist out on day 5
Healthy hair tips for working out with curly natural hair:
- If you have a busy workout schedule, use stylers with more hold to keep the definition longer. In the image above, Candera used our More Moisture Cream and Hydrating Vitamin Curl Mousse to set her twists.
- Put your hair into a pineapple style using a hair tie.
- Use a sweat band to absorb wetness.
- Take down and fluff after workout. Slowly & gently move curls back into place, add a little Hy-Fresh Conditioning Spray to refresh your curls and minimize frizz (if needed).
- Always use a clarifying shampoo on wash day to remove any buildup from sweating and other products used.
After working out 3x a week, curls are still intact ready for wash day on day 7
Look at those curls! Now give these tips a try and showcase your workout hairstyles for curly natural hair with us. We cannot wait to see them.
Shop your natural curly hair products online today.