A deep conditioning treatment is a vital part of our curly hair care routine...
Deep conditioners contain ingredients to prevent breakage, improve elasticity, and draw in moisture. However, there are times we have to go the extra mile to protect our curls and kinks so that's where protein treatments play a vital role.
When to use a deep conditioner for curly/kinky hair?
- On healthy natural hair, adding this into your routine helps prevent damage and keep your hair staying healthy.
- To keep attracting moisture, sit under a steamer or hair dryer if you have low porosity hair.
- To replace a rinse out conditioner, and hair length retention is your overall goal.
When to use a protein treatment for curly/kinky hair?
- If there are signs of damage happening to your hair. Usually from color treatment, excessive heat, or from not following a proper regimen that leads to dry, limp hair prone to breakage.
- Protein treatments are also good for high porosity hair to fill in the gaps of the hair cuticle that are raised and releases moisture quickly.
Here at Bask & Bloom Essentials we have created a well-rounded deep conditioning treatment that gives you the option to treat, maintain moisture balance as well as protect against breakage. Our Brahmi Root Hair Masque can be used weekly and is the number one key player to hair growth and length retention.
Now that you know the difference between deep conditioner & protein treatment, it's time to give them a try! Shop your natural curly hair products online today.