Type 4 hair is categorized as having a tighter curl pattern or coils. Many of us fall into this category and we know that the styling process is different, especially with kinky textures.
Velvet shares her best tips on how to do a twist out on type 4 (4a, 4b, 4c) hair. If you have this hair type that is also thick in texture, we highly recommend trying these tips to achieve very moisturized and defined results!
- Start on clean, damp, detangled hair⠀
- Moisturize hair using the LCO/LOC method⠀(Liquid or Leave In, Cream, Oil)
- Make sure both strands are equal to eliminate having to “borrow” hair, which can lead to frizz⠀
- Start twists as close to scalp as possible⠀
- Twist tightly, because they will loosen when you let them go⠀
- Smaller sections = more definition⠀
- Unravel with oiled hands/fingers to reduce frizz⠀
- Separate twists where they naturally want to part⠀
- Fluff roots gently with fingers, a pick or a wide tooth comb⠀
Enjoy this full Youtube tutorial...
Shop your natural curly hair products online today.